And What Followed...

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

the night before transplant - fireworks

the night before the transplant i am sending love out in all directions from my bed.

from my window tonight, I could see the entire horizon ablaze with fireworks. Some
just a few blocks from the hospital and a great sea of hundreds of sparks and colors miles and miles and miles into the distance. It was the most spectacular July 4th I've ever seen because I was able to watch dozens of big fire shows simulatneously along with tons of backyard parties!

Watching the shooting stars and colorful explosions, I just felt... just knew... that everything was going to be okay. Yes, I'm a little scared and a little anxious, but I'm just filling myself with love and gratitude and faith to make it through the next 24 hours.

So, sending sparks and fireworks to everyone from my heart to yours. I will be praying all night tonight. Praying that a year from now we will be watching fireworks together. And that 50 years from now we'll still be craning our necks to the sky to shout out "oooh" and "aaah".

much love,
Christine

No comments: