And What Followed...

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Loopy from the Chemo

I'm still a bit loopy from the chemo. I feel like a sleepwalking Ambien-infused Alice in Wonderland. In my journal during mid-chemo, I had written down "Idyl June llama blue Nacho Ha" and I still can't figure out what it means.

I miss my hair. I still absent-mindedly brush it away from my face or off my shoulder. It's sort of like that story of the amputee who could still "feel" his missing leg. Well, at least my hair will grow back. I'm going to a barber shop tomorrow to get a REAL shaved head. The nurse that "shaved" my head with electric clippers did a botch-up of a job and it looks like I was attacked by a weedwacker.

I'm still high from the screening on Tuesday. You guys made me feel like a million bucks.

The "F-word" team and a close-knit group of friends raised alot of money for the foundation and that means more of a chance finding a match. But the best part is that we signed up 43 more potential donors onto the registry! I'm so proud of you guys!

Hopefully one or more of you will be the miracle someone else is searching for!

Time for bed. Just wanted to send my love.

xoxo,
Christine

P.S. Yes Tia, I am getting your messages. Luv u 2!

No comments: