And What Followed...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Benadryl + Nightline = Punk'd

Rule #1 - NEVER give a patient intravenous Benadryl while she is in the middle of an interview with ABC Nightline. That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. There I am in my hospital bed with camera crew and interviewer when my speech starts to slur, my eyes go numb and the whole room turns into fondue. I look over at the IV machine and there is my nurse smiling at me with a freshly plunged syringe in her hand. I wanted to strangle her but before you could say "You've been punk'd! " I was knocked out cold. End of interview.

It's weird to be on top of the world one night at a screening of your film, and then the next day fighting for your life in a hospital bed in Duarte. Talk about rollercoaster ride...

As you know my friend Monique is here from Atlanta to care for me this week. You can call to get updates from her as you like but she will periodically send out info too.

From Monique - Hi to everyone in the universe out there. With the blessing of Chris, I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I am here all week with Christine. I relocated to the west coast for this week to watch over her and Mama Lulu.

Me and mom are trying to get her to focus on getting thru the chemo this week. She tends to be glued to the email and has the phone situated an inch or two away from her little face for fear of "missing" something. Our lovely Chris has a heart of
gold and the stubborness of a bull. She wants to be oh so responsive to all of us, her little warriors, at any cost. So you know what I am getting at. I will be casually reviewing emails to keep her eager behind in the loop. But please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will do whatever I can to help.

Chris says her hair is falling out fast. She'll go home looking like a Star Trek princess. Well they just brought the heavy artillery (chemo full strength) so Chris bids you adieu with a smile.

Have a blessed day and keep up the good fight.

Monique & Christine

No comments: