And What Followed...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Emergency Surgery?!

I went in for a routine appointment last Friday and next thing you
know, I'm scheduled to have surgery.

I will go in for the procedure this Friday, August 8. It is not
anything life threatening. We are just taking care of a small problem
brought on by the Graft vs. Host before it gets any worse. The surgery
will put me in bed for a week, strung out on painkillers. Yeah, it
stinks but it's a small price to pay for the privilege of still being
alive.

This comes at the worst time as I'm prepping for Pepperdine and still
searching for scholarship options. A few of you have asked for an
address to send checks to help. I plan to set up a separate "college
fund" account this week. Thanks so much and I will keep everyone updated.

love,
Christine

No comments: