And What Followed...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

MRSA

Well my internet is up and running again and a good thing too, because I got over 340 e-mails in my inbox. Ack!

That was close. Real close. An acute reminder of how fragile life is and how everythingcan change forever in a single moment. It was not until the end of my hospital stay that Iwas told that my condition was actually caused by MRSA, a sort of super-resistant versionof a Staph Infection. This has been known to kill people who were 100% healthy the day before. One tiny cut, one little bacteria bugger gets under your skin, and a few hours later you're at death's door. Makes you wanna go OCD, doesn't it? My advice: Wash your hands often.

In the busy-ness of our everyday we may forget to stop and breathe and give thanks for the blessings we have. In the midst of our own problems we may miss the opportunity to share a little love with another. To quote from RENT :

"There is no future, there is no past.
I live this moment as my last!
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way.
No day but today!"


It's good to be home.

Big smoochy kisses,
Christine

No comments: