And What Followed...

Thursday, February 1, 2007

From Barak - Perfect take-off

For those of you who know Christine, you know how modest she can be. So I’ll tell you something she left out of her flying story:

When we went flying, Christine did a complete takeoff! All by herself! And there’s the video to prove it!!!



In December, Christine spent two weeks in the hospital, including Christmas and New Year’s. When I was there, we’d play games, surf YouTube, listen to iTunes, and pig out on hospital food. So I told her that when she got out of the hospital, we’d go flying. I started teaching her how to fly, how the plane works, and how to take off. We’d sit side by side on the bed and simulate takeoffs. We did that so many times that I think she got really tired of it. But she got really good at it, too. So much so that when we were finally rolling down the runway, I handed her the controls and took her video camera. We hit takeoff speed, and like a pro, Christine pulled back the control wheel and became an instant aviator. It was a surreal experience that I wish you could all witness: Christine the Flyer, Miss Pilot herself! It was a perfect take-off.


Barak

No comments: