And What Followed...

Monday, December 4, 2006

Happy Holidays

I went to my first blow out holiday party this weekend at TC's and felt so blessed to see friends I haven't seen since the transplant!

I couldn't believe my own words as I stood with sparkling cider in one hand and bundt cake in the other: "I just got out of the
hospital three weeks ago." My acupuntcure doctor was there and serenaded me. Later I was in a fourway karaoke duet with EK, JW and SG to "Tubthumper". And I got behind the wheel of a Fire Truck, got to turn on the lights and got hugs from strapping firemen.

"I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down..."

We all toasted to life numerous times between hugs and welcomed disbelief that I was standing there to raise my glass along with everyone else. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season so far!

Hugs,
Christine

No comments: